In this section you can find some documents prepared by the Inter-American Program on Education for Democratic Values and Practices, as well as other recommended documents on education for democratic citizenship and related topics.
Publications of the Inter-American Program on Education for Democratic Values and Practices
- Informe de Referente Regional. Oportunidades de aprendizaje escolar de la ciudadanía de América Latina: currículos comparados, (Regional Report. Opportunities of school learning of citizenship in Latin America: compared curricula) (Solo en español) Donoso Cox, Cristian, SREDECC, 2010.
- 2009 Civic Health Index -National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC), 2009 (Only in English).
- Citizenship Education in Latin America: Preparing for the future-Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 1999. (Only in English).
- Building an Effective Citizenry. Lessons Learned From Initiatives in Youth Engagement-American Youth Policy Forum, 2003. (Only in English).
- Education for Citizenship and Democracy in a Globalized World- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)), 2005. (English and Spanish).
- Education for Democratic Citizenship in the Americas: An Agenda for Action – Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 2005. (English and Spanish)
- Estándares Colombianos de Competencias Ciudadanas Nacionales- Ministerio de Educación de Colombia. Guía No.6 (Colombian National Citizenship Competencies Standards, Ministry of Education of Colombia. Guide No.6), Colombia, 2003. (Only in Spanish).
- Helping Children Outgrow War- United States Agency for International Development –USAID, 2002. (Only in English).
- How all teachers can support citizenship and human rights education-Council of Europe, 2009. (Only in English).Reporte Final de la Comisión de Educación Ciudadana en Chile (Final Report of the Commission of Citizenship Education of Chile (2004). Chile, 2004. (Only in Spanish).
- Human Rights Education in the School Systems of Europe, Central Asia and North America: A Compendium of Good Practice -Council of Europe, OSCE/ODIHR, UNESCO, OHCHR 2009), 2009. (Only in English)
- Civic Education Across Countries: Twenty-Four National Case Studies for the IEA Civic Education Project- Edited by Judith Torney-Purta, John Schwille and Jo-Ann Amadeo, Asociación Internacional para la Evaluación del Logro Educativo, 2004 (English and Spanish).
- What Works in Youth Participation: Case Studies from Around the World- International Youth Foundation (USA). (Only in English).
- Políticas y programas de juventud en América Latina y el Caribe: contexto y principales características - Banco Mundial (Youth Policies and Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean. World Bank), 2003. (Only in Spanish).
- Latin American Public Opinion Project- Vanderbilt University (USA) (English and Spanish). Rewrite the Future: Education for Children in Conflict-Affected Countries- Save the Children), 2006. (Only in English).
- Trauma Among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System: Critical Issues and New Directions- National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice (NCMHJJ), June, 2007. (Only in English).
- Vision and practice for democracy and human rights education in Europe (DARE in ACTION), 2006. (Only in English).
- Journal of Social Science Education (JSSE) (Only in English)
- Journal of Democracy (Only in English).